Mary Malone and co-presenter Bob Bitterman will be presenting Managing Behavioral Health Patients in the Emergency Department: Risks, Challenges and Solutions at the American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA) 2017 Annual Meeting.
June 26 – 28, 2017
San Francisco, California
- Screening and stabilizing behavioral health patients–the Who, What, When, Where and How
- Transfer considerations for behavioral health patients with psychiatric emergencies
- Psychiatric boarding—the search for middle ground
- Why state commitment laws may create problems with observing EMTALA duties.
- EMTALA enforcement trends involving behavioral health patients
- Practical steps to more effectively manage behavioral health patients and avoid EMTALA liability.