National Healthcare Decisions Day is designed to raise public awareness of the need to plan ahead for medical decisions when patients are unable to speak for themselves and to encourage the specific use of Advance Directives to communicate these important healthcare decisions. As a benefit to our clients and the communities they serve, Hancock Daniel offers the following education on Advance Directives.
Hancock Daniel answers many important questions:
- Why Do I Need an Advance Directive?
- Are Advance Directives Only for End-of-Life Decisions?
- How Does an Advance Directive Limit My Ability to Make Decisions for Myself?
- Can I Have More Than One Healthcare Agent?
- Who Will Make Decisions for Me if I Do Not Have an Advance Directive?
- Are Copies of Advance Directives Valid?
- How much Does it Cost?
- Do I Need a Lawyer?
- Do I Need One if I have Appointed a Power of Attorney?
- How is an Advance Directive Different from a Do Not Resuscitate Order?